Travelling to Samoens
How to find Apartment French Alps
If you book through Easyjet, they have a special discounted link with Europcar.
Otherwise Geneva airport has all the usual car rental companies.
The nearest station is Cluses, and then it’s 20 minutes by road.
You can find more information at www.sncf.com.
Driving is also easy. Samoëns is about nine hours from Calais and it is motorway all the way apart from the last 12 miles (20 kms).
Directions from Geneva Airport French Side
- When leaving the car park, follow the single carriageway away from the airport and under a bridge until you come to a junction.
- At the junction turn right where you will see a check point for customs. When driving on Swiss motorways you are required to display a Vignette costing approximately CHF40.
- Once through follow signs for France always following signs for Chamonix/Mont Blanc.
- Following directions for Chamonix, and you will soon be on the motorway A40. The exit for Samoens is Junction 18 and the town is Cluses.
- The motorway peage (tolls) are approx 5 euro in total (you go through 2)
Directions from the motorway, A40
- Leaving the A40 at Junction 18, where Samoens is clearly signposted. Follow the signs for Samoens through Cluses.
- Continue following the signs for Samoens, up through Chatillon (Beware 30 km/hr!), and down through the other side.
- About 2km after Chatillon, the road splits, turn right here for Samoens/Morillon (signposted).
- Follow for Samoens until you come to Morillon and continue through the centre of the village.
- Continue straight for about 4 km (do not turn off for Samoens 1600). The road bends and you will cross a river after and come to a small roundabout.
- Turn right here and you will pass the Grand Massif Express lift.
- Continue for about 700m to the end of this road and you will come to a large roundabout where the Sherpa Supermarket is located.
- Take the 2nd exit off this roundabout and continue until you see a car park on the left just before you reach the no entry sign and La Louisanne restaurant. Park in this car park in the yellow hyphened reserved boxes. You will see the entrance to the apartment there it is No.11 on the first floor.
Telephone – Haute-Savoie Tel. +33 (0)4 50 66 10 74